The government of India has passed a rule to link aadhar card with voter id. Every citizen of India must link their UID number with all other documents like pan card, bank account, LPG gas, and government schemes. The process of linking UID number with the other government documents is called aadhar seeding.
Aadhar seeding of Voter ID
This article helps those who don’t have any knowledge on how to link your UIDAI number with Voter Id. There are different ways one can link their UID number with voter ID. Here we are going to show you one specific method where you can link just by making a call to the customer care center. Below are the requirements for integrating aadhar with voter number.
- You should have the aadhar (UID) number with you.
- Must possess the Voter Identity card.
- You should have the mobile number registered with your aadhar card.
Now follow the below steps to link the UIDAI number with your voter card:
- Dial 1950 from your registered mobile number or landline. 1950 is a toll-free number. So don’t worry you won’t be charged at all.
- After that, it will reach an interactive voice response which asks you to choose your preferred language. You can select either English or Hindi or your local language.
- Then the IVR will ask you to press the button “3” to seed your aadhar with voter (EPIC) ID.
- The customer care person will update the details and it will take an hour for the details to reflect.
Now at this point, it will connect to the customer care representative. Provide your aadhar number and Voter Id number.
That’s it you have successfully linked your aadhar number with Voter ID card. To summarize in detail, first you have to keep both the aadhar and voter id card with you. Then make a call to the toll-free number 1950 from your mobile number. After that press 3 from your mobile keypad to speak with the customer care person.
If you have any questions regarding the linking process, then please leave a comment here. We will try to help you and resolve your problems.
Check out this article on Linking Aadhar card with LPG gas.